flume-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Custenborder <jcustenbor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RabbitMQ Source and Sink for Flume-NG
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 00:39:30 GMT
Hari -
It looks like rabbitmq is licensed via Mozilla Public License v1.1. Is
that compatible? If it's compatible, I'll create a ticket and submit a
patch. Are there any structure or code changes you would recommend?

http://www.rabbitmq.com/mpl.html

Senthilvel -
It would be pretty easy to implement. The only concern I would have is
the body size of the message. SQS limits the body to 64K

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Senthilvel Rangaswamy
<senthilvel@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is neat. Now, we need a Amazon SQS sink.
>

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Jeremy Custenborder
> <jcustenborder@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> I put together a Flume-NG sink and source for rabbitmq. It has some
>> error detection support and can backoff, then reestablish a connection
>> in the event that rabbitmq is unavailable. Feel free to hit me up with
>> any questions you might have.
>>
>> The source is released under an apache license.
>>
>> https://github.com/jcustenborder/flume-ng-rabbitmq

> --
> ..Senthil
>
> "If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it
>  caught and shot now."
>                                                     - Douglas
Adams.