flume-user mailing list archives

From Eric Sammer <esam...@cloudera.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Expanding contributors to Flume
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 17:29:55 GMT
Flume'ers:

Flume has been progressing wonderfully as an ASF Incubator project lately
in terms of community activity, code, releases, and even docs (gasp!). One
of the requirements for graduation (to a top level project, or TLP) is
committer diversity. In other words, committers should come from a variety
of backgrounds and, specifically, not from a single employer. We happen to
have a large number of Cloudera employees, mostly because that's where
Flume came from, historically. The discussion I wanted to start with
everyone was, what, if anything, can we do to help folks dive into Flume
and begin contributing[1]?

Thanks!

[1] Remember that contributions come in forms other than code (docs, site
maintenance / design / logos, testing) although code is fantastic!
--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer