flume-user mailing list archives

From Eric Sammer <esam...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Do I have to use 2 collector ports if I have 2 different flows?
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 20:59:20 GMT
Steve:

It's been a while since I've looked at OG, to be perfectly honest, so take
this with a grain of salt. If I recall, you do need to use separate ports.
Flow names were primarily used to detect where separation was necessary in
autoChains. In other words, if you properly labeled flows and used
autoChains, we were able to figure out that flow A and B can't be sent to
the same group of collectors. When not using autoChains (and few people
could due to some of the limitations) these labels don't mean much.
Separate ports were required so the internals could be kept relatively
simple (e.g. a source need not make routing decisions except in highly
customized cases).

Hope this helps.

--
Eric Sammer