flume-user mailing list archives

From alo alt <wget.n...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Any flume ng client that work with tail -f |
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 07:03:04 GMT
The client is the flume-ng agent. The agent (client) is watching for events (sources) to deliver
to an endpoint (sink).
http://mapredit.blogspot.de/2012/03/flumeng-evolution.html

We have a wiki too:
https://cwiki.apache.org/FLUME/getting-started.html

- Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

On Apr 3, 2012, at 10:04 PM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:

> Thanks! In this case client is not required?
>
> I am new to concepts. Currently I followed the example that uses Avro as source, HDFS
as sink and avroClient as client.

> Looks like in below case source is client itself, which means flume-ng node would need
to be run on the machine where access_logs are?