flume-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Rathbone <matt...@foursquare.com>
Subject Opinions on Apache Oozie?
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:21:51 GMT
Hey all,

We're big users of Flume, but now we're looking to integrate a workflow engine to manage dependencies
between data imports, scheduled reports, and intermittent data generation for a Hadoop-based
data warehouse & analytics system.

I thought I'd reach out to get the community's opinions:

- Do you use Yahoo (Apache) Oozie
* What do you think of it? (pros/cons)
* Would you recommend it?

- Do you use something else?
* What do you think of it? (pros/cons)
* Would you recommend it?

Any suggestions/comments greatly appreciated.

I'm reaching out to the flume list, because I'd be especially interested to hear about any
bespoke flume integrations the community has built (eg - checking that data from all machines
is available before starting a job).

--
Matthew Rathbone
Foursquare | Software Engineer | Server Engineering Team