flume-dev mailing list archives

From "Wahrmann, Helmut" <helmut.wahrm...@rsa.com>
Subject RE: Merge of patch in Flume-3021?
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2018 12:41:40 GMT
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. Would be cool if we get that sorted out.

I've asked Yonghao Zou to submit the Pull Request, since he did most of the work and should
get the credit.
He'll  do so after the Chinese New Year's Eve.

I will then issue a Pull request for the new ES Rest client, which is dependent on the above
work.

best regards,
Helmut

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Percy [mailto:mpercy@apache.org]
Sent: Dienstag, 13. Februar 2018 04:30
To: dev@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Merge of patch in Flume-3021?

Hi Helmut,
I see that I neglected to follow up on the other thread on this topic after your reply about
SolrServer missing from the solrj jar. Let me ask around w/ some folks I know that work on
Solr and see if there is any way to retain the SolrServer for our tests after upgrading to
the new version.

Thank you very much for working on upgrading Solr. Would you mind submitting a pull request
with your (apparently work-in-progress) patch to upgrade both Solr and ES?

To reply to your email in this thread, the JAR packaging situation is largely the same after
merging FLUME-2957 so unfortunately most of what I noted in my reply in the other thread (
https://s.apache.org/GqcX ) still holds.

I hope that we can upgrade the Solr dependencies as part of the same commit as the ES dependencies
to avoid worrying about which lucene jar is first in the classpath, and ensure we are not
adding any additional dependency conflicts to mvn dependency:tree.

Regards,
Mike