flume-dev mailing list archives

From Naveenkumar <nave...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writing custom metrics service to send flume metric data to a outside running application
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2017 02:29:59 GMT
Hi Ralph,
No Ralph there is nothing different than what you said. Can you just give me information of
about how can we use rest API call or JMX functionality to get the flume metrics.

Regards
Naveenkumar

> On 28-Mar-2017, at 7:09 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
> I’m not really sure what you are after.  Flume already has metrics available via JMX
or REST API calls. I am using the REST request to get the data into Splunk. From there I can
graph all of that historically. What are you trying to do that is different than that?

> Ralph
>
>> On Mar 27, 2017, at 10:46 AM, Naveenkumar <navengp@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Team,
>> I want to write custom metrics reporting service to monitor flume metrics in such
way that,this custom metrics service will intern send metric data to some other application
which is running outside.so when went through the documentation of 1.7 flume monitoring there
it's mentioned that we can write custom metric reporting service by implementing org.apache.flume.instrumentation.MonitorService
class ,but my requirement is let's say after writing this monitor reports service where I
need to place this code. Is it in flume source code or as a jar in flume classPath .can any
one help regarding this to ,how I need to proceed for this.