flume-dev mailing list archives

From Shang Wu <Shang...@symantec.com>
Subject Re: Official support for http sink?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 18:41:44 GMT
Hi Donat and Ben,
Thank a lot for making such a thing happen. Really appreciated.
BR,
Shang
From: Bessenyei Balázs Donát <bessbd@apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 12:39 AM
To: "dev@flume.apache.org" <dev@flume.apache.org>
Cc: "ben.wheeler@digital.hmrc.gov.uk" <ben.wheeler@digital.hmrc.gov.uk>, Shang Wu <Shang_Wu@symantec.com>
Subject: Re: Official support for http sink?

Hi All,

I have just merged the HTTP sink.

Thank you for the patch, Ben Wheeler.

Also, thank you to all who participated.

Best,

Donat

Hi All,

I see that reviews are progressing well.

In my opinion, HTTP sink should be ready soon for inclusion / merge: the code seems tidy;
I've ran a static analyser and it looks fine; I skimmed through the code multiple times and
I find no obvious flaws. Also, it has been in use for HMRC for some times, I guess.

Again, I'd like to kindly request everyone who has a few spare minutes to review and leave
comments. (If you find no problems, then a LGTM, please.)

Thank you,

Donat

Hi All,

Ben Wheeler has opened a Pull Request to help Flume have an integrated
HTTP Sink.

Now, I'd like to ask everyone who has the time to help out with
reviewing the changes as they have a potentially high impact.

Please, visit https://github.com/apache/flume/pull/84<https://clicktime.symantec.com/a/1/sJsyUy4Br_DZHlHV_j79BH_CP4JM8oC2hbXCadp42-g=?d=qPpPBvnT8biZWK0zGOMXSuqoJS-z4w_9e0zGW5HbrYRKY1yG81a5BWu6Aqd3bZd_dLm5TWHAg2rHPqh8fGQymdKg4EPwvT7FqdrlhY6RY-Lv97eECFC6UkS9KrKfkeuqkAkKvDTBQcGUA0Ez3IHfKAANII2lOXOiLddJFTkkfqfypeUpyOM2y0B1ZU9u-ZjDXUOYxBgNCUy3oiLZQamvjeMDf7sDHoVsfRpn1sKIwz4h0LpkMb-rHUrloOagi7j9P_dd76MjlCmxD_eXievgCTgbt4ZV44MwnduIFqrFH1kuRbu0BWZFKSgMEsmsm5KQcNPI1kmUQlMLQFmFGaIvCLLQoyIa6FFEf3sOqzCglNCksf11YClKcEPavQVxBUnbogj6Ml5K4LELUA%3D%3D&u=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fflume%2Fpull%2F84>
and let us know
your comments and thoughts.

Thank you,

Donat

> Hi Donat and Ben,
>
> Thanks a lot for the consideration and I would love to provide helps if needed, either
something small like submitting a pom.xml or something large like shaping the code to PR-ready
stage.