flume-dev mailing list archives

From Lior Zeno <liorz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enabling Travis-CI on Flume
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 14:46:02 GMT
There are many ways to do it, for example:
https://www.theguild.nl/building-github-pull-requests-using-jenkins-pipelines/
or https://www.theguild.nl/building-github-pull-requests-with-jenkins/ for
earlier versions of Jenkins.
I do not really care if it would be Jenkins or Travis, but I do think that
we can get Jenkins configured faster since we already have it. I can help
with the configuration.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 5:17 PM, Balazs Donat Bessenyei <bessbd@cloudera.com
> wrote:

> As I haven't received any objections to enabling Travis, I'm going to
> ask INFRA to enable it for Flume soon.
>
> This change would help submitting and reviewing pull requests.
>
> If someone figures out how we could use Jenkins for this purpose, we
> can always disable Travis.
>
> PS. there are more projects using Travis:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-12757?jql=
> project%20%3D%20INFRA%20AND%20text%20~%20travis%20ORDER%
> 20BY%20updated%20DESC
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 5:41 PM, Attila Simon <sati@cloudera.com> wrote:
> > Denes I'm happy to help you in this endeavor of setting up jenkins job
> for
> > verifying pull requests.
> >

> > *Attila Simon*
> > Software Engineer
> > Email:   sati@cloudera.com
> >
> > [image: Cloudera Inc.]
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Denes Arvay <denes@cloudera.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I'd also vote for Jenkins with github PRs.
> >> I just checked Mesos and the PRs are checked by Travis, or at least they
> >> experienced with it, there's a short discussion regarding to Travis at
> >> https://github.com/apache/mesos/pull/165
> >>
> >> As for the jenkins pull request job I'd be happy to set it up or help
> >> setting it up.
> >>
> >> Denes
> >>
> >> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 2:15 PM Lior Zeno <liorzino@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Are we switching to PRs from patches + RB? In Apache Mesos, they have a
> >>
> >> review bot that can leave a comment on the patch, we could try and port
> it
> >>
> >> to Flume. I think they use Jenkins too.
> >>

> >> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 3:11 PM, Balazs Donat Bessenyei <
> >> bessbd@cloudera.com

> SO

> experience

> the