flume-dev mailing list archives

From Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss graph source/sink design proposal]
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 16:31:53 GMT
Would it be ok to use bitbucket instead?  I have indeed extended AbstractSink to build the
graph sink, I will depend on flume-ng-core on my pom as well.

Thanks and feel free to respond on the cipher discussion as well as the other items I mentioned
earlier.

________________________________
From: Mike Percy <mpercy@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 4, 2016 12:03 PM
To: dev@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Discuss graph source/sink design proposal]

Hi Saikat,
I recommend you use GitHub. Private branches in ASF repos are only available to committers.

Regarding forking Flume, you should not need to do that. Just depend on flume-ng-core in your
pom and extend AbstractSink. Maven will pull in your deps.

I'm out of town for the next few days but I'll try to respond in more detail to your design
notes when I'm back in town.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 4, 2016, at 6:59 AM, Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1969@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hari/Mike et al,
>
> I need a place to put interim checkins related to this work, is it possible to get write
privileges into a private branch so that I can commit my code at intermediate junctures, I
can also put it in bitbucket but would rather not have to create yet another place for the
code to live if it'll eventually end up in the flume repo.

> Thanks in advance
>

> ________________________________

neo4j as a start2) I'm only focusing on creating a sink that will perform basic CRUD streaming
operations into neo4j3) I've sent an email to the neo4j guys to figure out details around
building a streaming architecture with the neo4j kernel4) In the meantime how would you guys
like to review the code, I've cloned the flume repo and have created a branch called flume-2035
where I will work, should I put all the code in bitbucket and send out periodic reviews, this
is going to be a sizeable effort5) How should we think about cipher related workflows as it
relates to the streaming data coming in , to see a ful flavor for cipher go here https://neo4j.com/developer/cypher-query-language/
Neo4j's Graph Query Language: An Introduction to Cypher<https://neo4j.com/developer/cypher-query-language/>
neo4j.com
Master the basics of Cypher – the graph query language for Neo4j – with this introductory
guide that teaches you how to read and write Cypher queries.