Hi Mason,

In rocksDB, one state is corresponding to a column family and we could aggregate all RocksDB native metrics per column family. If my understanding is right, are you hoping that all state latency metrics for a particular state could be aggregated per state level?

Best
Yun Tang

From: Mason Chen <mas.chen6345@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 4:24
To: user@flink.apache.org <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: as-variable configuration for state ac

We have been using the state backend latency tracking metrics from Flink 1.13. To make metrics aggregation easier, could there be a config to expose something like `state.backend.rocksdb.metrics.column-family-as-variable` that rocksdb provides to do aggregation across column families.

In this case, it would be the various components of state.

https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.13/docs/deployment/config/#state-backend-rocksdb-metrics-column-family-as-variable