Yup, your understand is correct—that was the analogy I was trying to make!

On Jul 26, 2021, at 7:57 PM, Yun Tang <myasuka@live.com> wrote:

Hi Mason,

In rocksDB, one state is corresponding to a column family and we could aggregate all RocksDB native metrics per column family. If my understanding is right, are you hoping that all state latency metrics for a particular state could be aggregated per state level?

Best
Yun Tang

From: Mason Chen <mas.chen6345@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 4:24
To: user@flink.apache.org <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: as-variable configuration for state ac

We have been using the state backend latency tracking metrics from Flink 1.13. To make metrics aggregation easier, could there be a config to expose something like `state.backend.rocksdb.metrics.column-family-as-variable` that rocksdb provides to do aggregation across column families.

In this case, it would be the various components of state.