flink-user mailing list archives

From Mason Chen <mason.c...@apple.com>
Subject Re: as-variable configuration for state ac
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2021 07:15:06 GMT
Yup, your understand is correct—that was the analogy I was trying to make!

> On Jul 26, 2021, at 7:57 PM, Yun Tang <myasuka@live.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Mason,
>
> In rocksDB, one state is corresponding to a column family and we could aggregate all
RocksDB native metrics per column family. If my understanding is right, are you hoping that
all state latency metrics for a particular state could be aggregated per state level?

> Best
> Yun Tang

metrics aggregation easier, could there be a config to expose something like `state.backend.rocksdb.metrics.column-family-as-variable`
that rocksdb provides to do aggregation across column families.