flink-user mailing list archives

From Yun Tang <myas...@live.com>
Subject Re: Latency tracking together with broadcast state can cause job failure
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2020 07:15:05 GMT
Hi Lasse

Never meet this problem before, but can you share some exception stack trace so that we could
take a look. The simple project to reproduce is also a good choice.

Best
Yun Tang
________________________________
From: Lasse Nedergaard <lassenedergaardflink@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 19:10
To: user <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Latency tracking together with broadcast state can cause job failure

Hi

We have in both Flink 1.9.2 and 1.10 struggled with random deserialze and Index out of range
exception in one of our job. We also get out of memory exceptions.
We have now identified it as a latency tracking together with broadcast state Causing the
problem. When we do integration testing locally we don’t see any problem it’s only fails
running on the cluster.
We have concluded that latency tracking package send over broadcast cause the data stream
to be corrupted and causing the exceptions.
We work on preparing a simple project on github to reproduce the problem so the underlying
problem can be solved.

Anyone else have seen these kind of problems?

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Lasse Nedergaard