flink-user mailing list archives

From Casado Tejedor, Rubén <ruben.casado.teje...@accenture.com>
Subject Restore from save point but need to read from different Kafka topics
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2020 16:55:55 GMT
Hi

Let me introduce our scenario:

  1.  We have a Flink job reading from a Kafka topic, using the Flink Kafka. Name of Kafka
topic is an input variable in properties file
  2.  A savepoint is created for that job, so the Kafka offsets for the input topic is stored
in that savepoint
  3.  The job is cancelled
  4.  The kafka topic from which the job reads is modified in the properties file
  5.  The flink job is executed from the savepoint

What happens in this scenario? Does the job read from the beginning of the new Kafka topic?
Or does the job fail?
What we would need is to read from earliest in the new topic. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

Rubén Casado Tejedor, PhD
Big Data Lead
> accenture technology
' + 34 629 009 429
• ruben.casado.tejedor@accenture.com<mailto:ruben.casado.tejedor@accenture.com>

of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your
privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data
protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please
see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.

www.accenture.com