flink-user mailing list archives

From Piotr Nowojski <pi...@ververica.com>
Subject Re: Cancel the flink task and restore from checkpoint ,can I change the flink operator's parallelism
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2020 13:33:42 GMT
Hi,

Yes, you can change the parallelism. One thing that you can not change is “max parallelism”.

Piotrek

> On 13 Mar 2020, at 04:34, Sivaprasanna <sivaprasanna246@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think you can modify the operator’s parallelism. It is only if you have set maxParallelism,
and while restoring from a checkpoint, you shouldn’t modify the maxParallelism. Otherwise,
I believe the state will be lost.

> -
> Sivaprasanna
>
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 9:01 AM, LakeShen <shenleifighting@gmail.com <mailto:shenleifighting@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi community,
>       I have a question is that I cancel the flink task and retain the checkpoint dir,
then restore from the checkpoint dir ,can I change the flink operator's parallelism,in my
thoughts, I think I can't change the flink operator's parallelism,but I am not sure.