flink-user mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flink Session Windows State TTL
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2020 14:30:15 GMT
Hey Karl,

sorry for the late reply!

Let me first quickly answer your questions:

>    - are expired session windows automatically removed from state? if
>    not, what's the best way to do it?
>
> Yes, they should get removed automatically.

>    -
>    - how can we query state size?

You can monitor the state size in the Flink web ui (there's a
"Checkpointing" tab for each job)
Or through Flink's metrics system:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/monitoring/metrics.html#checkpointing

>    -
>    - how can we query number of windows in state?
>
> The window operator does not expose any metrics.

I also have some questions :)
- Have you considered using the RocksDB statebackend to mitigate the out of
memory issues?
- Why are you disabling the operator chaining?
- Did you validate that the "TimeZone.setDefault(...)" setting ends up at
the worker JVMs executing your code? (I suspect that you are only setting
the TimeZone in the JVM executing the main() method)

Best,
Robert