flink-user mailing list archives

From Yuval Itzchakov <yuva...@gmail.com>
Subject Restoring state from an incremental RocksDB checkpoint
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2020 13:06:19 GMT
Hi,

We're using RocksDB as a state backend. We've come to a situation where due
to high backpressure in one of our operators, we can't make a savepoint
complete.

Since we have retained previous checkpoints, I was wondering if these would
be eligible to serve as a restoration point, given that we are taking
advantage of RocksDBs incremental snapshot capability, I was unsure. Would
the incremental snapshot be missing data? or do they point to the remaining
parts of previous checkpoints?