flink-user mailing list archives

From Sidney Feiner <sidney.fei...@startapp.com>
Subject Re: Windows on SinkFunctions
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2020 10:06:54 GMT
Thanks!
What am I supposed to put in the apply/process function for the sink to be invoked on a List
of items?

Sidney Feiner / Data Platform Developer
M: +972.528197720 / Skype: sidney.feiner.startapp

[emailsignature]

________________________________
From: tison <wander4096@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2020 4:19 PM
To: Sidney Feiner <sidney.feiner@startapp.com>
Cc: user@flink.apache.org <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Windows on SinkFunctions

Hi Sidney,

For the case, you can exactly write

stream.
  .window()
  .apply()
  .addSink()

Operator chain will chain these operators into one so that you don't have to worry about the
efficiency.

Best,
tison.

Sidney Feiner <sidney.feiner@startapp.com<mailto:sidney.feiner@startapp.com>>
于2020年3月22日周日 下午10:03写道:
Hey,
I wanted to know if it's possible to define a SinkFunction as a WindowFunction as well.
For example, I would like the sink to be invoked every 5 minute or once 500 events reached
the sink.
Is there a way to do this inside the sink implementation? Or do I have to create the windows
prior in the pipeline?
Because if I have multiple sinks that that only for one of them I need a Window, the second
solution might be problematic.

Thanks :)