flink-user mailing list archives

From izual <izual...@163.com>
Subject Question of SQL join on nested field of right table
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2020 10:07:53 GMT
Hi, Community:
I defined a dim table(tblDim) with schema :

root

 |-- dim_nested_fields: ROW<`id` INT, `product_name` STRING>

and the part of SQL is : JOIN ... ON leftTable.`nested_field`.id = tblDim.`dim_nested_fields`.id.

which will throw an exception like:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.flink.table.api.TableException: Temporal table join
requires an equality condition on fields of table [MockTableSource(dim_nested_fields)].

Then I found these code snippets in UnitTest: FOR SYSTEM_TIME AS OF T.proctime AS D ON T.a
+ 1 = D.id + 2
Which will throw the same exception too.

In my opinion, these two are not the same case.
Why ` join ... on ... tblDim.`dim_nested_fields`.id ` failed, is it by design or a bug?
And what's the recommended way to solve this?

Thanks.