flink-user mailing list archives

From Ori Popowski <ori....@gmail.com>
Subject Exceptions in Web UI do not appear in logs
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2020 16:58:58 GMT
In the "Exceptions" tab in the Web UI, we see exceptions that for some
reason do not appear in the logs.

Specifically the exception I'm talking about is a Runtime Exception which
is not logged by the code, so it's essentially uncaught exception that is
propagated to the Task Manager.

We use SLF4J with Logback, and all our appenders and log levels are
configured correctly. Some exceptions do appear in the logs though.

This is the exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Rate Exceeded for getRecords operation -
all 3 retry attempts returned ProvisionedThroughputExceededException.
	at org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kinesis.proxy.KinesisProxy.getRecords(KinesisProxy.java:234)
	at org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kinesis.internals.ShardConsumer.getRecords(ShardConsumer.java:311)
	at org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kinesis.internals.ShardConsumer.run(ShardConsumer.java:219)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Does someone know how to make all the exceptions in the Web UI also appear
in the logs?

Thanks