flink-user mailing list archives

From Theo Diefenthal <theo.diefent...@scoop-software.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Drop Savepoint Compatibility with Flink 1.2
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2020 13:04:07 GMT
+1 for dropping compatibility.

I personally think that it is very important for a project to keep a good pace in developing
that old legacy stuff must be dropped from time to time. As long as there is an upgrade routine
(via going to another flink release) that's fine.

Von: "Stephan Ewen" <sewen@apache.org>
An: "dev" <dev@flink.apache.org>, "user" <user@flink.apache.org>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 20. Februar 2020 11:11:43
Betreff: [DISCUSS] Drop Savepoint Compatibility with Flink 1.2

Hi all!
For some cleanup and simplifications, it would be helpful to drop Savepoint compatibility
with Flink version 1.2. That version was released almost three years ago.

I would expect that no one uses that old version any more in a way that they actively want
to upgrade directly to 1.11.

Even if, there is still the way to first upgrade to another version (like 1.9) and then upgrade
to 1.11 from there.

Any concerns to drop that support?

Best,
Stephan

--
SCOOP Software GmbH - Gut Maarhausen - Eiler Straße 3 P - D-51107 Köln
Theo Diefenthal

T +49 221 801916-196 - F +49 221 801916-17 - M +49 160 90506575
theo.diefenthal@scoop-software.de - www.scoop-software.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln, Handelsregister: Köln,
Handelsregisternummer: HRB 36625
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Oleg Balovnev, Frank Heinen,
Martin Müller-Rohde, Dr. Wolfgang Reddig, Roland Scheel