flink-user mailing list archives

From Timo Walther <twal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question: Determining Total Recovery Time
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2020 11:31:57 GMT
Hi Morgan,

as far as I know this is not possible mostly because measuring "till the
point when the system catches up to the last message" is very
pipeline/connector dependent. Some sources might need to read from the
very beginning, some just continue from the latest checkpointed offset.

Measure things like that (e.g. for experiments) might require collecting
own metrics as part of your pipeline definition.

Regards,
Timo