flink-user mailing list archives

From KristoffSC <krzysiek.chmielew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Session Window with dynamic gap
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2020 12:48:08 GMT
Thank you for the answer,

the thing is that I would not like to call external system for each Window,
rather I woudl like to keep the gap size in Flink's state which I will be
able to change from external system, for example handle configUpdate message
from Kafka.

So if SessionWindowTimeGapExtractor should not be implemented on operators,
then I understand that
SessionWindowTimeGapExtractor implementation will fetch config value from
Flink's state (value/map) according to the state descriptor.

However I would not want to fetch data from the state for each call, because
it will be changed not that often. It is similar case for Broadcast state
pattern but for SessionWindowTimeGapExtractor case.