flink-user mailing list archives

From Till Rohrmann <trohrm...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Drop vendor specific repositories from pom.xml
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2019 15:50:48 GMT
Hi everyone,

following the discussion started by Seth [1] I would like to discuss
dropping the vendor specific repositories from Flink's parent pom.xml. As
building Flink against a vendor specific Hadoop version is no longer needed
(as it simply needs to be added to the classpath) and documented, I believe
that the vendor specific repositories and the mapr profile have become
obsolete. Moreover, users can still use vendor specific Hadoop versions if
they configure their local maven to point to the respective repository [2].
Flink's sources would simply no longer be shipped with this option.

Are there any concerns about dropping the vendor specific repositories from
pom.xml? I would like to make this change for the upcoming Flink 1.10
release if possible.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/83afcf6c0d5d7a0a7179cbdac9593ebe7478b0dc548781bf9915a006%40%3Cdev.flink.apache.org%3E
[2] https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-multiple-repositories.html