Hi Mans!

Firstly lets see how operators name and uid is used. AFAIK, operators name is used in WebUI and metrics reporting, and uid is used to mark the uniqueness of operator which is useful when youre using state[1].

> Are there any restrictions on the length of the name and uuid attributes?

Its pretty much the same as you define a string value, so there is no special restrictions on this.

> Are there any restrictions on the characters used for name and uuid (blank spaces, etc) ?

Im not a hundred percent sure about this but I run a testing program and it works fine.

> Can the name and uuid be the same ?

Yes. But uuids accross operators cannot be same.

For me I usually set name and uuid for almost every operator, which gives me better experience in monitoring and scaling.

Hope this helps.

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/ops/upgrading.html#matching-operator-state

Best,

Jiayi Liao