flink-user mailing list archives

From Yun Tang <myas...@live.com>
Subject Re: How to recover state from savepoint on embedded mode?
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2019 18:38:33 GMT
What is the embedded mode mean here? If you refer to SQL embedded mode, you cannot resume from
savepoint now; if you refer to local standalone cluster, you could use `bin/flink run -s`
to resume on a local cluster.

Best
Yun Tang

From: Reo Lei <leinuowen@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at 12:37 AM
To: "user@flink.apache.org" <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: How to recover state from savepoint on embedded mode?

Hi,
I have a job need running on embedded mode, but need to init some rule data from a database
before start. So I used the State Processor API to construct my state data and save it to
the local disk. When I want to used this savepoint to recover my job, I found resume a job
from a savepoint need to use the command `bin/flink run -s :savepointPath [:runArgs]` to submit
a job to flink cluster. That is mean the job is run on remote mode, not embedded mode.

And I was wondering why I can't resume a job from a savepoint on embedded mode. If that is
possible, what should I do?
BTW, if we can not  resume a job from a savepoint on embedded mode, how to know the savepoint
is constructed correctly in develop environment and use idea to debug it?

BR,
Reo