flink-user mailing list archives

From Yun Tang <myas...@live.com>
Subject Re: Best coding practises guide while programming using flink apis
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2019 18:30:44 GMT
Hi Terry

Flink has a code-style and quality guide when contributes code[1], this might not be directly
what you want but hope could help a bit.

As more and more big data system recommend high level and declarative API such as SQL and
Table API [2], I think GOF design patterns might not play an important role.

[1] https://flink.apache.org/contributing/code-style-and-quality-preamble.html
[2] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/concepts/programming-model.html#levels-of-abstraction

Best
Yun Tang

________________________________
From: Deepak Sharma <deepakmca05@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2019 10:25
To: Terry Wang <zjuwangg@gmail.com>; user <user@flink.apache.org>
Cc: dev <dev@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Best coding practises guide while programming using flink apis

Thanks Terry.
I would need some volunteers to speak about their use cases and the best practised they have
been following around flink.

―DK

On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 at 5:36 PM, Terry Wang <zjuwangg@gmail.com<mailto:zjuwangg@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi, Deepak~

I appreciate your idea and cc to dev mail too.

Best,
Terry Wang

在 2019年9月22日,下午2:12,Deepak Sharma <deepakmca05@gmail.com<mailto:deepakmca05@gmail.com>>
写道:

Hi All
I guess we need to put some examples in the documentation around best coding practises , concurrency
, non blocking IO and design patterns while writing Apache Flink pipelines.
Is there any such guide available ?
E.g. when and how to use the GOF design patterns . Any code snippet can be put as well explaining
it.

This guide can come from people already running beam in production and written it with all
best practices in mind.
It will help in greater and wider adoption.

Just a thought.
Please let me know if anyone wants to contribute and i can lead this initiative by documenting
in flink wiki.

Thanks
--
Thanks