flink-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Victor <vict...@gmail.com>
Subject Batch Job in a Flink 1.9 Standalone Cluster
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2019 11:55:22 GMT
After a batch job finishes in a flink standalone cluster, I notice that the
memory isn't freed up.   I understand Flink uses it's own memory manager
and just allocates a large tenured byte array that is not GC'ed.   But does
the memory used in this byte array get released when the batch job is done?

The scenario I am facing is that I am running a series of scheduled batch
jobs on a standalone cluster with 1 TM and 1 Slot.  I notice that after a
job is complete the memory used in the TM isn't freed up.  I can confirm
this by running  jmap dump.

Has anyone else run into this issue?   This is on 1.9.

Thanks

Tim