flink-user mailing list archives

From Yun Tang <myas...@live.com>
Subject Re: StateMigrationException thrown by state processor api
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2019 09:32:03 GMT
Hi Paul

Would you please share more information of the exception stack trace and the state descriptor
of this map state with that window operator?

For all user-facing keyed state, the namespace serializer would always be VoidNamespaceSerializer.
And only window state could have different name space serializer.

Best
Yun Tang
________________________________
From: Paul Lam <paullin3280@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 17:14
To: user <user@flink.apache.org>
Cc: Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai <tzulitai@apache.org>
Subject: StateMigrationException thrown by state processor api

Hi,

I was using the new state processor api to read a savepoint produced by Flink 1.5.3, and got
an StateMigrationException with message “For heap backends, the new namespace serializer
must be compatible”.

Concretely, the state I was trying to read is a MapState<String, Long> within a WindowOperator(TriggerContext)
which is keyed by a string field, so the key & value data types and the corresponding
serializers should be the basic one here (POJOSerializer).

However, the error indicates the problem is about namespace serializer which I have not much
knowledge about. So I dig a bit into the source code to find that the namespace serializer
is not a highly configurable one, and both state processor api and the state to be read seem
to use the same namespace serializer, `VoidNamespaceSerializer` (please correct me if I’m
wrong). It still doesn’t explain why the error happened.

Please point me to the right direction. Thanks a lot!

Best,
Paul Lam