Hi,

Maybe region restart strategy can help. It restarts minimum required tasks. Note that it’s recommended to use only after 1.9 release, see [1], unless you’re running a stateless job.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-10712

Best,
Paul Lam

在 2019年7月12日,03:38,Aaron Levin <aaronlevin@stripe.com> 写道:

Hello,

Is there a way to gracefully terminate a Task Manager beyond just killing it (this seems to be what `./taskmanager.sh stop` does)? Specifically I'm interested in a way to replace a Task Manager that has currently-running tasks. It would be great if it was possible to terminate a Task Manager without restarting the job, though I'm not sure if this is possible.

Context: at my work we regularly cycle our hosts for maintenance and security. Each time we do this we stop the task manager running on the host being cycled. This causes the entire job to restart, resulting in downtime for the job. I'd love to decrease this downtime if at all possible.

Thanks! Any insight is appreciated!

Best,

Aaron Levin