flink-user mailing list archives

From Paul Lam <paullin3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graceful Task Manager Termination and Replacement
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2019 02:24:46 GMT
Hi,

Maybe region restart strategy can help. It restarts minimum required tasks. Note that it’s
recommended to use only after 1.9 release, see [1], unless you’re running a stateless job.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-10712 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-10712>

Best,
Paul Lam

> 在 2019年7月12日,03:38,Aaron Levin <aaronlevin@stripe.com> 写道:
>
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to gracefully terminate a Task Manager beyond just killing it (this seems
to be what `./taskmanager.sh stop` does)? Specifically I'm interested in a way to replace
a Task Manager that has currently-running tasks. It would be great if it was possible to terminate
a Task Manager without restarting the job, though I'm not sure if this is possible.

> Context: at my work we regularly cycle our hosts for maintenance and security. Each time
we do this we stop the task manager running on the host being cycled. This causes the entire
job to restart, resulting in downtime for the job. I'd love to decrease this downtime if at
all possible.