flink-user mailing list archives

From 新平和礼 <k.shinhira.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Flink HA cluster on YARN is restarted more than yarn.application-attempts value
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2019 16:48:19 GMT
Hi all,

I'm Flink newbie, and trying to understand Flink cluster’s recovery feature
using Flink 1.7.2 and YARN 2.8.

To confirm HA cluster’s behavior, I created Flink YARN session cluster and
stopped JobManager repeatedly using kill command after job deployment.

In that test, I set “yarn.application-attempts” to 5, but Flink cluster was
recovered more than 5 times.

Does anyone know what “yarn.application-attempts” mean, and when Flink
cluster’s attempts time will be incremented ?

I asked same question at stackoverflow, but I still don’t  get it.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56225088/why-is-flink-ha-cluster-on-yarn-recovered-more-than-the-maximum-number-of-attemp

Best,
--
Kazunori Shinhira