flink-user mailing list archives

From 徐涛 <happydexu...@gmail.com>
Subject Source code question - about the logic of calculating network buffer
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2019 02:22:52 GMT
Hi Experts,
	I am debugging the WordCount Flink streaming program in local mode. Flink version is 1.7.2
	I saw the following calculation logic about network buffer in class TaskManagerServices.

	jvmHeapNoNet is equal to -xmx amount in Java.
	why the networkBufBytes = xmx / (1-networkBufFraction) * networkBufFraction, it is a bit
strange.
	why it is not calculated by xmx * networkBufFraction?

final long networkBufBytes = Math.min(networkBufMax, Math.max(networkBufMin,
   (long) (jvmHeapNoNet / (1.0 - networkBufFraction) * networkBufFraction)));

Best
Henry