flink-user mailing list archives

From Lasse Nedergaard <lassenederga...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it possible to handle late data when using table API?
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2019 08:19:57 GMT
Hi.

I have a simple tumble window working on eventtime like this.

Table res30MinWindows = machineInsights
        .window(Tumble.over("30.minutes").on("UserActionTime").as("w"))
// define window
        .groupBy("machineId, machineInsightId, w") // group by key and window
        .select("machineId, machineInsightId, w.start, w.end,
w.rowtime, value.max as max"); // access window properties and
aggregate

As we work with Iot units we don't have 100% control over the
eventtime reported and therefore need to handle late data to ensure
that we don't do our calculation wrong.

I would like to know if there is any option in the Table API to get
access to late data, or my only option is to use Streaming API?

Thanks in advance

Lasse Nedergaard