flink-user mailing list archives

From MBilal <mbilalce....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom Partitioner and Graph Algorithms
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:50:53 GMT
I have added a working code example to the stackoverflow question that is representative of
what I am using. The github repo can be found here: https://github.com/MBtech/graphtest

On 2019/03/13 09:46:52, MBilal <mbilalce.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am observing a behaviour in the task statistics that I don't fully understand.
> Essentially I have create a partitioner that assigns all the edges to a single partition.
> I see imbalance (in terms of records sent/received) in the task statistics of different
instances of the same operator for the second and third stages.
> But from fourth stage onwards, all operator instances are executing pretty much the same
number of records. I would have expected that the imbalance would exist in those stages as
well.