flink-user mailing list archives

From Piotr Nowojski <pi...@ververica.com>
Subject Re: Flink parallel subtask affinity of taskmanager
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2019 15:47:39 GMT
Hi,

You should be able to use legacy mode for this:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/ops/config.html#legacy

However note that this option will disappear in the near future and there is a JIRA ticket
to address this issue:

Piotrek

> On 4 Mar 2019, at 15:00, Andrew Roberts <aroberts@fuze.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> We run flink as a standalone cluster. When moving from flink 1.3 to 1.6, we noticed a
change in the scheduling behavior. Where previously parallel subtasks of a job seemed to be
round-robin allocated around our cluster, flink 1.6 appears to want to deploy as many subtasks
to the same host as possible. This model is not as good for our use case, and is causing memory
issues for us.

> Is there any way to configure flink 1.6 to deploy in the old style? Or if we upgraded
to 1.7, does that open any doors back towards the model we want?