flink-user mailing list archives

From Timo Walther <twal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AssertionError: mismatched type $5 TIMESTAMP(3)
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2019 16:45:26 GMT
Hi Chris,

the error that you've observed is a bug that might be related to another
bug that is not easily solvable.

I created an issue for it nevertheless:

In general, I think you need to adapt your program in any case. Because
you are aggregating on a rowtime attribute, it will loose its time
attribute property and becomes a regular timestamp. Thus, you can't use
it for a temporal table join.

Maybe the following training from the last FlinkForward conference might
help you. I would recommend the slide set there to understand the
different between streaming operations and what we call "materializing"
operations:

https://github.com/dataArtisans/sql-training/wiki/SQL-on-streams

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.

Regards,
Timo