flink-user mailing list archives

From Paul Lam <paullin3...@gmail.com>
Subject Test FileUtilsTest.testDeleteDirectory failed when building Flink
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2019 08:50:27 GMT
Hi all,

Recently we migrate Flink build to a new docker image, after which the build job always fails
with test errors on local file system permissions.

For example: FileUtilsTest.testDeleteDirectory:129 this should fail with an exception.

I notice the following statements in the javadoc of `java.io.File.setWritable`:

> On some platforms it may be possible to start the Java virtual machine with special privileges
that allow it to modify files that disallow write operations.

I think it’s what the test is designed for and where the problem lies.

Could anyone help me with this? Thanks a lot!

WRT the environment:

- Flink version: 1.7.1
- JDK: open jdk 1.8.0_111
- OS version: debian 8