flink-user mailing list archives

From Boris Lublinsky <boris.lublin...@lightbend.com>
Subject Re: Jira issue Flink-11127
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2019 00:13:09 GMT

Boris Lublinsky
FDP Architect
boris.lublinsky@lightbend.com
https://www.lightbend.com/

> On Feb 21, 2019, at 2:05 AM, Konstantin Knauf <konstantin@ververica.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Boris,
>
> the exact command depends on the docker-entrypoint.sh script and the image you are using.
For the example contained in the Flink repository it is "task-manager", I think. The important
thing is to pass "taskmanager.host" to the Taskmanager process. You can verify by checking
the Taskmanager logs. These should contain lines like below:

> 2019-02-21 08:03:00,004 INFO  org.apache.flink.runtime.taskexecutor.TaskManagerRunner
     [] -  Program Arguments:
> 2019-02-21 08:03:00,008 INFO  org.apache.flink.runtime.taskexecutor.TaskManagerRunner
     [] -     -Dtaskmanager.host=10.12.10.173

[] - Registering TaskManager with ResourceID a0513ba2c472d2d1efc07626da9c1bda (akka.tcp://flink@10.12.10.173:46531/user/taskmanager_0
<http://flink@10.12.10.173:46531/user/taskmanager_0>) at ResourceManager

> A service per Taskmanager is not required. The purpose of the config parameter is that
the Jobmanager addresses the taskmanagers by IP instead of hostname.

> Hope this helps!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Konstantin
>

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 4:37 PM Boris Lublinsky <boris.lublinsky@lightbend.com <mailto:boris.lublinsky@lightbend.com>>
wrote:
> Also, The suggested workaround does not quite work.
> 2019-02-20 15:27:43,928 WARN  akka.remote.ReliableDeliverySupervisor
       - Association with remote system [akka.tcp://flink-metrics@flink-taskmanager-1:6170
<>] has failed, address is now gated for [50] ms. Reason: [Association failed with [akka.tcp://flink-metrics@flink-taskmanager-1:6170
<>]] Caused by: [flink-taskmanager-1: No address associated with hostname]
> 2019-02-20 15:27:48,750 ERROR org.apache.flink.runtime.rest.handler.legacy.files.StaticFileServerHandler
 - Caught exception

> I think the problem is that its trying to connect to flink-task-manager-1
>
> Using busybody to experiment with nslookup, I can see
> / # nslookup flink-taskmanager-1.flink-taskmanager
> Server:    10.0.11.151
> Address 1: 10.0.11.151 ip-10-0-11-151.us <http://ip-10-0-11-151.us/>-west-2.compute.internal
>
> Name:      flink-taskmanager-1.flink-taskmanager
> Address 1: 10.131.2.136 flink-taskmanager-1.flink-taskmanager.flink.svc.cluster.local
> / # nslookup flink-taskmanager-1
> Server:    10.0.11.151
> Address 1: 10.0.11.151 ip-10-0-11-151.us <http://ip-10-0-11-151.us/>-west-2.compute.internal
>
> nslookup: can't resolve 'flink-taskmanager-1'
> / # nslookup flink-taskmanager-0.flink-taskmanager
> Server:    10.0.11.151
> Address 1: 10.0.11.151 ip-10-0-11-151.us <http://ip-10-0-11-151.us/>-west-2.compute.internal
>
> Name:      flink-taskmanager-0.flink-taskmanager
> Address 1: 10.131.0.111 flink-taskmanager-0.flink-taskmanager.flink.svc.cluster.local
> / # nslookup flink-taskmanager-0
> Server:    10.0.11.151
> Address 1: 10.0.11.151 ip-10-0-11-151.us <http://ip-10-0-11-151.us/>-west-2.compute.internal
>
> nslookup: can't resolve 'flink-taskmanager-0'
> / #
>
> So the name should be postfixed with the service name. How do I force it? I suspect I
am missing config parameter

> Boris Lublinsky
> FDP Architect
> boris.lublinsky@lightbend.com <mailto:boris.lublinsky@lightbend.com>
> https://www.lightbend.com/ <https://www.lightbend.com/>
>> On Feb 19, 2019, at 4:33 AM, Konstantin Knauf <konstantin@ververica.com <mailto:konstantin@ververica.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi Boris,
>>
>> the solution is actually simpler than it sounds from the ticket. The only thing you
need to do is to set the "taskmanager.host" to the Pod's IP address in the Flink configuration.
The easiest way to do this is to pass this config dynamically via a command-line parameter.