Hi Harshith,

No, you don't need to restart the whole cluster. Flink only needs enough processing slots to recover the job.
If you have a standby TM, the job should restart immediately (according to its restart policy). Otherwise, you have to start a new TM to provide more slots. Once the slots are registered, the job recovers.

Best,
Fabian