flink-user mailing list archives

From Chesnay Schepler <ches...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Towards a leaner flink-dist
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2019 15:13:52 GMT
It is not viable for us, as of right now, to release both a lean and fat
version of flink-dist.
We don't have the required tooling to assemble a correct NOTICE file for
that scenario.

Besides that his would also go against recent efforts to reduce the
total size of a Flink release,
as we'd be increasing the total size again by roughly 60% (and naturally
also increase the compile
time of releases), which I'd like to avoid.

I like Stephans compromise of excluding reporters and file-systems; this
removes more than 100mb
from the distribution yet still retains all the user-facing APIs.

Do note that hadoop will already not be included in convenience binaries
for 1.8 . This was
the motivation behind the new section on the download page.