flink-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Buckley-Salmon <oliver.buckley-sal...@db.com>
Subject How to trigger a Global Window with a different Message from the window message
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2019 18:06:07 GMT
Hi,

I have a Flink job where I receive a stream of AggregationKeys, stored in BroadcastState which
I join in a Tuple2 with a stream of RiskMeasureMessages, which I then wish to aggregate in
a Window.
The RiskMeasureMessages are bounded by CalcStart and CalcEnd messages which come on separate
Kafka topics, we can ignore CalcStart but need to emit the aggregated results after receiving
CalcEnd. The CalcEnd messages are unkeyed.
My issue is how to get the CalcEnd message to the Trigger to use in the onElement() method,
the only way I can see to do it is to create a co-stream but I don't see how to Window and
Trigger that, or merge the co-stream into Tuple3 wich would have Null for the 3rd element
all the time except when EndCalc is received.
Are there better ways for doing this?
I'm running Flink 1.7.1 using the Java API.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Oliver Buckley-Salmon

---