flink-user mailing list archives

From Timo Walther <twal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multiple operators to the same sink
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2018 16:20:53 GMT
Hi,

I'm not quite sure if I understand your problem correctly. But your use
case sounds like a typical application of a union operation.

What do you mean with "knowledge of their destination sink"? The
operators don't need to be aware of the destination sink. The only thing
that needs to be coordinated is the result data type of each operation.
So either you force each operation to have a unified type or you create
a unified type before declaring the sink.

Or is every operator an independent Flink job? Maybe you can show us a
skeleton of your pipeline?

Regards,
Timo