flink-user mailing list archives

From Abhijeet Kumar <abhijeet.ku...@sentienz.com>
Subject Re: Flink join stream where one stream is coming 5 minutes late
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2018 18:51:51 GMT
Thanks for the response, Xingcan. I got your point and the whole idea.

> On 27-Nov-2018, at 12:15 AM, Xingcan Cui <xingcanc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Abhijeet,
>
> If you want to perform window-join in the DataStream API, the window configurations on
both sides must be exactly the same.

> For your case, maybe you can try adding a 5 mins delay on event times (and watermarks)
of the faster stream.

> Hope that helps.
>
> Best,
> Xingcan
>

>> On Nov 26, 2018, at 12:44 PM, Abhijeet Kumar <abhijeet.kumar@sentienz.com <mailto:abhijeet.kumar@sentienz.com>>
wrote:

>> I already mentioned above, one is coming late by 5 mins. Maybe my approach isn't
correct, and I asked to correct me if I'm wrong.

>>> On 26-Nov-2018, at 5:56 PM, Taher Koitawala <taher.koitawala@gslab.com <mailto:taher.koitawala@gslab.com>>
wrote:

>>> May I ask why you want to have 2 differences between window time? What's the
use case?

>>> On Mon 26 Nov, 2018, 5:53 PM Abhijeet Kumar <abhijeet.kumar@sentienz.com <mailto:abhijeet.kumar@sentienz.com>
wrote:
>>> Hello Team,
>>>
>>> I've to join two stream where one stream is coming late. So, I planned doing
it by creating two windows, for first window the size will be 5 minutes and for the other
it will be 10 minutes. Then, I'll perform the join operation. Is my solution correct because
I don't know whether one window will sync with other or not because one is getting finished
earlier and another is late. If there is a better way to achieve the same, please let me know.

<http://www.sentienz.com/> | Bengaluru