flink-user mailing list archives

From BariĊĦa <barisa.obrado...@gmail.com>
Subject Wondering how to check if taskmanager is registered with the jobmanager, without asking job manager
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2018 10:21:13 GMT
As part of deploying task managers and job managers, I'd like to expose
healthcheck on both task managers and job managers.

For the task managers, one of the requirements that they are healthy, is
that they have successfully registered themselves with the job manager.

Is there a way to achieve this, without making a call to job manager ( to
do that, I first need to make a call to the zookeeper to find the job
manager, so I'm trying to simplify the health check ).

Ideally, taskmanager would have a metric that says, ( am registered ), but
afaik, that doesn't exist
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/monitoring/metrics.html#cluster

P.S.
This is my first post in the email list, happy to update/change my
question, if I messed up, or misunderstood something.

Cheers,
Barisa