flink-user mailing list archives

From 徐涛 <happydexu...@gmail.com>
Subject Small checkpoint data takes too much time
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2018 05:13:09 GMT
Hi
	I recently encounter a problem in production. I found checkpoint takes too much time, although
it doesn`t affect the job execution.
	I am using FsStateBackend, writing the data to a HDFS checkpointDataUri, and asynchronousSnapshots,
I print the metric data “lastCheckpointDuration” and “lastCheckpointSize”. It shows
the “lastCheckpointSize” is about 80KB, but the “lastCheckpointDuration” is about
160s! Because checkpoint data is small , I think it should not take that long time. I do not
know why and which condition may influent the checkpoint time. Does anyone has encounter such
problem?
	Thanks a lot.

Best
Henry