flink-user mailing list archives

From Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: Wondering how to check if taskmanager is registered with the jobmanager, without asking job manager
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2018 08:53:23 GMT
You’re welcome :)

> On 10 Oct 2018, at 10:28, Bariša <barisa.obradovic@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thnx Piotr. I agree, that would work. It's a bit chicken and the egg problem, since at
that point we can't just spin up a task manager, and have it register itself, we need to have
flinkmanager know how many task managers should be there. Bit more logic, but doable. Thnx
for the tip.

> Cheers,
> Barisa
>
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 09:05, Piotr Nowojski <piotr@data-artisans.com <mailto:piotr@data-artisans.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don’t think that’s exposed on the TaskManager.
>
> Maybe it would simplify things a bit if you implement this as a single “JobManager”
health check, not multiple TaskManagers health check - for example verify that there are expected
number of registered TaskManagers. It might cover your case.

> Piotrek
>
>> On 9 Oct 2018, at 12:21, Bariša <barisa.obradovic@gmail.com <mailto:barisa.obradovic@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> As part of deploying task managers and job managers, I'd like to expose healthcheck
on both task managers and job managers.

>> For the task managers, one of the requirements that they are healthy, is that they
have successfully registered themselves with the job manager.

>> Is there a way to achieve this, without making a call to job manager ( to do that,
I first need to make a call to the zookeeper to find the job manager, so I'm trying to simplify
the health check ).

that doesn't exist https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/monitoring/metrics.html#cluster
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/monitoring/metrics.html#cluster>

>> P.S.
>> This is my first post in the email list, happy to update/change my question, if I
messed up, or misunderstood something.