flink-user mailing list archives

From Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: Wondering how to check if taskmanager is registered with the jobmanager, without asking job manager
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2018 08:05:35 GMT
Hi,

I don’t think that’s exposed on the TaskManager.

Maybe it would simplify things a bit if you implement this as a single “JobManager” health
check, not multiple TaskManagers health check - for example verify that there are expected
number of registered TaskManagers. It might cover your case.

Piotrek

> On 9 Oct 2018, at 12:21, Bariša <barisa.obradovic@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As part of deploying task managers and job managers, I'd like to expose healthcheck on
both task managers and job managers.

> For the task managers, one of the requirements that they are healthy, is that they have
successfully registered themselves with the job manager.

> Is there a way to achieve this, without making a call to job manager ( to do that, I
first need to make a call to the zookeeper to find the job manager, so I'm trying to simplify
the health check ).

doesn't exist https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/monitoring/metrics.html#cluster
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/monitoring/metrics.html#cluster>

> P.S.
> This is my first post in the email list, happy to update/change my question, if I messed
up, or misunderstood something.