flink-user mailing list archives

From Chesnay Schepler <ches...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Breaking the Scala API for Scala 2.12 Support
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2018 07:56:18 GMT
I'd rather not maintain 2 master branches. Beyond the maintenance
overhead I'm
wondering about the benefit, as the API break still has to happen at
some point.

@Aljoscha how much work for supporting scala 2.12 can be merged without
breaking the API?
If this is the only blocker I suggest to make the breaking change in 1.8.